2017 has been a year that will go down in the history books for sure. So many things have happened, for the good and the bad.
And while a lot of it seems to be on the negative side, there is still a lot of good happening.
Which is why I've decided to compile a list of things that I personally believe are good and cool that have happened in 2017:
1) Oxygen! - Y'all we still have this amazing thing that allows us to continue breathing, that keeps us alive. I don't know about you, but this is a pretty good thing to have.
2) Stranger Things - That's right, I wrote that. I will admit that I have not watched it yet, but y'all my mom was going crazy for it. You know that little countdown that was going around on Facebook for it? Yeah my mom was sharing that almost every. single. day.👀👀👀
3) Twins Reunited - Now you may or may not have heard about this, but Good Morning America did a story, back in January of 2017, on twin girls who were from China and were adopted by two different families only to meet for the first time in ten years. You can watch the video and read the full article here. I suggest keeping tissues on standby. It's truly heartwarming.
4) BTS - This has been BTS's year. They are truly proving that music transcends everything, including language. If you don't know what BTS is, then I shall explain. BTS, (or Bangtan Sonyeondan) is a Korean kpop band that consists of 7 members: 3 rappers and 4 vocalists. (If you think 7 members is a lot, that's nothing compared to other groups). They sing, rap and dance. They write and produce their music and write songs that other kpop groups don't typically talk about, like mental health and what it's truly like to be a teenager in a society where all anyone cares about are material objects.
What sets them apart from other kpop groups however is that they are breaking every record imaginable.These last few months alone, they won the Billboard Music Awards Top Social Artist Award (previously won by Justin Bieber), Teen Choice Awards Choice International Artist, Performed at the AMA's, first kpop artist to be in the Top 10 Billboard 200 only to break that record by being placed on the Billboard Hot 100 not long after. They've appeared on Ellen, Jimmy Kimmel, James Corden, and they have partnered with UNICEF for the next 2 years to help end violence towards kids and teens with the hashtags #BTSLoveMyself #LoveMyself #ENDviolence. So far they have raised 589,022,282.00 dollars. (If anyone else is interested in learning about this campaign or contributing to the cause please click here.) But this is just the start of all their achievements.
5) Star Wars: The Last Jedi - If you are a Star Wars fan then your wait is over, (until the next one comes out). The latest movie in the Star Wars franchise was released on the 15th, only 3 days ago y'all!
6) End of the Semester - Yes, if you are a college student you know exactly what I am talking about. Classes officially ended, (at least at my college) last Friday and today was the start of the final exams. Don't you worry guys, you got this in the bag! Winter break is so close!
Now, because it is only the 18th of December, there are still some things to look forward too as well as some things that will occur in 2018.
Christmas! - Did y'all really think I would forget all about Christmas?
Movies - Oh my god, 2018 is going to be the year of movies. I'm talking, Avengers Infinity War, Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom, Han Solo: A Star Wars Movie, Black Panther, Deadpool 2, Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald, Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again, are all expected to be released in 2018.
Music - Vans Warped Tour will be running its last full cross-country tour this summer. 😢😢😢 I know, this one personally hurts as I've always wanted to go to Warped Tour. The full article can be found here and if you want to get tickets or find dates that can be found here too. All Time Low will be touring in the UK. Black Veil Brides will be releasing their newest album Vale, in early 2018 and will be touring with Asking Alexandria and Crown the Empire on the Resurrection Tour. (As a fan myself I am extremely excited as it's been 4 years since their previous album.) Tickets for the Resurrection tour can be found here.
Five Months Away from Spring - Oh yeah, I got the countdown going for spring already, lol. I am done with winter, done with the cold. I've had my fill of wearing comfy oversized sweaters. Bring on the heat, the sun, weather that is above forty degrees!
Alright, I know this is a more fun look at what has happened this year, and the things to come in the new year. But I think as of right now, we need to focus on the more happier things in life. It seems like in 2017, everyone has forgotten what it means to have fun. To laugh and enjoy whatever it is your doing.
So here's to more days of smiles and having fun.
Have a wonderful Christmas everyone!